I just thought of sharing this recipe that i tried few days ago for our iftar and dinner. So here you go!
What you need:
1. 200g of pasta of your choice.
2. A medium sized onion, chopped.
3. 2 cloves of garlic, chopped.
4. 250g of minced meat.
5. A bell pepper, sliced.
6. A small carrot, grated.
7. A small potato, grated.
8. 1 tsp salt.
9. 1/2 tsp Italian mixed herbs.
10. 3 tbs of melted butter.
11. 1 cup of thick mushroom soup.
12. 1/2 cup of milk.
13. 2 eggs.
14. 1 cup of grated cheddar cheese.
15. 1 cup of mozzarella cheese.
16. 2 cups of crushed potato chips (salt flavored).
17. A good functioning oven!
How you prepare it:
1. Bring 2 liters of water with 1 tsp of salt to boil, cook the pasta till al dente (firm but not hard), drain, then put it aside.
2. Saute the chopped onion and garlic in with the butter. When it turns brownish, mix in the minced meat and cooked it for about 10 minutes.
3. Then, mix in the sliced bell pepper, grated potato and carrot together with the salt and the italian herb. Cook it for about another 5 minutes. Then, let it cool down.
4. Mix the eggs and the milk, and beat them till well mixed.
5. Preheat the oven at 180-200 Celsius for about 10 minutes.
6. In a large bowl, thoroughly mix together the pasta, the cooked meat and vegetables, the mushroom soup, the egg and milk mixture, and the cheddar cheese. Transfer it to a baking dish, and top it with the mozzarella cheese and the crushed potato chips.
7. Bake for 25-30 minutes in the preheated oven. After the timer stops, let it stay in the oven for another 5 minutes.
8. Serve it hot and bon appetit!
p/s: I was too lazy to shoot the casserole with my DSLR, so the photos above are from my wife’s phone and mine. What’s important is that my wife loved the casserole, wohoo!